Monday, February 9, 2009

recccaaaappppp

So I "raced" on Sunday. I put it in quotes because I never felt like I was racing. Its been awhile since I raced and it just turned into a workout type scenario for me. I just ended up staying comfortable the whole way, never felt like I was pushing it but at the same time couldn't get my legs to turn over. Ended up running 4:33 on the road, which isn't great but I did take a couple positives away from the race. First, I ran 4:33 off 4 weeks of medicore training. Second, I felt really relaxed running and am slowly creeping towards being in shape. Third, I finished in the top 3 in a race, and while the field wasn't packed with tons of elites, there were some very good guys in it and I managed to stay calm off the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment