Monday, March 9, 2009

I swear, I'll try to be better about this...

I know my seriously devoted readers have just been distraught by my lack of blogging in the last couple weeks but I've been wrapped up in other stuff. Between running and work, the time I have to myself is usually spent recovering. I'm managing to make it work though.

The last couple weeks I've started to feel just that little bit more confident with my running. For instance, this last Saturday I had a workout up at AU that a couple months ago I would have had a real tough time getting through. It was supposed to be a 2 mile in 10:10 then 3 mile light tempo and then back to the track for 200's. 2 mile was done in 10:03 and definitely could have either closed faster than that or could have kept going for another mile no problem. 200's were done starting at 31 and going down to 29. In all it was at least 11 miles worth of work. My only downfall in the workout was not doing "enough" 200's. Coach hadn't said how many 200's to do so I did 6 because that is what we had normally been doing at the end of workouts. Evidently Coach thought I should have done 8. He had his own way of pointing it out, but the important thing is he was wanting me to think about my training. Its a different approach from how I have been coached in the past but if you think about it, it really makes sense. If you can't do 8 200's with rest, how are you going to run 8 straight with no rest? Its just another way Coach makes you better, he wants you thinking rather than just telling you how to do it.

He's off this week and he didn't give me any workouts for the week so I'm going to just do ones we have done in the past. Tomorrow is going to be 4 by 800 starting at 2:20 and then a 3 mile run, followed by 6 by 300. It was a sort of tough workout last time so I'm hoping with the improved fitness that I'll feel a little bit more controlled this time. Might even try and call Coach and let him know how it went...

No comments:

Post a Comment