Today's workout: 8 by 200 at 31 with flats, then mile jog, then 800m time trial.
Coach called me right when I got up to AU, said I was going to do 4-6 200's with the guys and then do a 800 at race pace. Went on my warm up, felt ok but not great. Got in with a good group of the milers and we went through the motions of 31 second 200's. The nice thing was they felt really easy never had to push to make sure we were hitting the pace.
Jason and I were the only ones who did 8 of them, then coach had me do a mile run, put my spikes on and do a 800. He held one of the guys back to lead my through 400m and told me to follow him no matter what he did. Well, after doing the 200's I knew what 31 felt like so to be working harder than that in the first 150m meant we were well under 30 seconds for the first 200. The kid calmed down though and we came through the 400 at 62.5. Coach had wanted me to come through at about 64-65, but he just calmly told me to maintain this through the second 400. I ended up pulling a little negative split and running 2:03 for 800. Good thing was it never felt like I had to hammer to do it, I definitely pushed at 50m's to go but wasn't in my last gear at all. Coach seemed pretty pleased, and said I should race next weekend up at Morgan State. I'll have to figure out how I'm getting up there but I feel really good about the idea of racing.
26.2 The Hard Way
17 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment